Your cart is currently empty.
Elemental Diet for Patients with Moderate to Severe Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Physicians' Elemental Diet is formulated specifically for medical supervision to facilitate nutritional support for those with GI disorders.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:• Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease
• Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),
• Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:• Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
• Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
• Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from intact protein, polypeptides, corn, gluten, wheat, soy, and dairy.
• Formulated with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence.
Dosing by Caloric Need
Physicians' Elemental Diet is intended to be consumed over a period of two to four weeks. It is formulated to provide full nutrient sustenance as the sole source of nutrition, or can be used alongside other nutritional sources on a half-elemental diet basis, depending on the calorie requirement of the individual. 1 scoop of Physicians' Elemental Diet is equal to 36 grams and 150 calories, and each 432g bag contains 12 scoops (totaling 1,800 calories). The 1,296g bag contains 36 scoops (equal to 5,400 calories).
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.