Your cart is currently empty.
Collagen is the most plentiful protein in your pet’s body – it makes up as much as 30% of his or her body’s total proteins and 70 to 80% of the protein in skin. Found in the connective tissue throughout the body, collagen provides the structural scaffolding for tissues to maintain their integrity and flexibility.
Collagen supports the integrity of your pet’s muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, blood vessels, digestive tract and skin. It plays an essential role in many functions:
• Supports digestion by increasing stomach acid and attracting and holding liquids, including digestive juices in your pet’s gut
• Helps restore and maintain gut health, as well as support immune function
• Supports normal detoxification processes as a precursor amino acid for glutathione
• Supports healthy muscles and energy production during exercise by forming creatine along with two other amino acids
• Supports the genetic building blocks, DNA and RNA, for healthy cells
• Supports your pet’s normal healthy inflammatory response
As vital as collagen may be to your cat’s or dog’s well-being, her body’s capacity to produce it declines as she ages. Lost collagen can be replaced, however. The sooner you begin supplying your pet with the building blocks his body needs, the more likely you can help support healthy, comfortable movement and all of collagen’s other potential benefits. Dr. Mercola Organic Collagen Powder is unique for several reasons. It’s...
• Sourced from Organic Grass Fed Beef Bone Concentrate and not a by-product of the leather industry.
• USDA Certified Organic so you know exactly what you’re getting.
• Third-party tested for heavy metals so you can serve it to your pet with confidence.
• Not processed with metal salts as it’s a minimally processed “complete” source of collagen.
• Created especially for cats and dogs so it’s free of additives, flavorings, added sugar, onion, spices and MSG.
• Very palatable thanks to a dash of Himalayan salt, making it a great option for increasing your pet’s fluid intake.