Your cart is currently empty.
Fresh Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is steam distilled from fresh ginger rhizomes, providing a fresh, citrusy aroma with woody undertones. The aroma of fresh ginger is found to be more pleasing than that of ginger distilled from the dried root, while still providing the plant’s vast benefits.
Aura Cacia Ginger typically comes from Indonesia and China.
• Ginger is often used in topical blends, massage blends, and in diffusion.
• Ginger has a fresh, lemon-like aroma that is accented by a woody top note. The main constituents of ginger are zingiberene and ar-curcumene.
• Ginger blends well with spice oils like coriander, clover, cinnamon, allspice, sandalwood, patchouli, rose, neroli, and vetiver.
• Ginger is also valued for its ability to enrich fresh citrus oils, like lemon and bergamot.
• Ginger essential oil is generally regarded as a base note.